VOLUNTEERING AT RIVERBOATS
**Bar Staff Wanted!**
Please note at this stage we are only seeking bar staff as all other volunteer positions have now been filled
Riverboats 2018 is on the lookout for bar volunteers! We currently have a number of positions available, so if you have hospitality experience, a valid Victorian RSA and love your live music, this could well be the gig for you.
The arrangement is simple – in return for one four-hour volunteer shift we’ll give you a three-day, $155 weekend ticket. Jobs may involve serving our thirsty festival-goers behind the bar, selling tickets or merchandise, moving stock and generally keeping the place humming. You’ll be a busy bee for a few hours, but after that it’s all fun and games – and we promise you’ll enjoy the experience too!
To register we need you to be over 18 and for bar shifts you’ll also need to hold a current Victorian RSA certificate – sound doable? Fill out your details below and we'll be in touch.
Successful applicants will be advised via email in mid-December and rosters will be sent out in January.
Applying for a Riverboats Bar position? Please upload your current Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate (Victoria) via the button below (pdf format preferred).
*Note once your file name appears below it has been successfully submitted
Volunteer Terms & Conditions
*Please read carefully prior to submitting your application*
As a volunteer for the Riverboats Music Festival, the following terms and conditions must be agreed to:
• Volunteers who have committed to one four-hour volunteer shift will receive one three-day festival pass on registration
• No financial payment will be made by the Riverboats Music Festival for your volunteer services
• Volunteers must be over 18 years of age at the time of the festival
• Volunteers must complete the tasks assigned as outlined by the Riverboats Volunteer Manager or any other Riverboats staff member
• The festival's Public Liability Insurance will cover you for the duration of your volunteer shift only
• Should you become injured while undertaking your designated volunteer duties there will be limited cover in place under the festival’s Voluntary Workers Insurance Policy
• Any accidents or injuries must be reported immediately to your supervisor. If an ambulance is required to transport you, there may be costs incurred for this if you are not a member of an appropriate fund. In case of an accident occurring the Riverboats Music Festival may call an Ambulance or Doctor and notify your emergency contact
• You must let us know of any medical condition which could affect your duties as allocated prior to commencing your shift
• You must adhere to the ticketing terms and conditions of entry listed on the festival website
• You agree to organise and pay for your own accommodation
• You agree to take care of your personal belongings. While there will be a place to store your things during your shift, the festival will not be held responsible for any valuables that are lost or stolen
• Anyone found to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal substances during their shift will have their pass immediately revoked
• Any volunteer who fails to honour their volunteer commitments without a valid reason will have their pass revoked and any future applications will not be considered